Tuesday 23 June 2009

Back in the Saddle.......

I played my first game of 5 a-side football for 8 months last night. I say played, I was asked if I come along and make up the numbers....it took all of 5 minutes before I decided my knee would be fine and I'd risk my delicate knees outfield. Largely impressed with my own performance, I have adapted my game from the harum scarum Robbie Savage of my youth to a game based around touch and time on the ball. Basically I'm the new Laurent Blanc. (with less pace)

Now the fitness drive must kick in - I figure i've got 3 months before the Champions League Signing date passes and by this time I'll either figure in SAF's plans for the season or I will have to accept that potentially as 30 approaches I might never make my Manchester United debut. ah well.....

Having said that I can't remember any premier league player scoring 3 in his first game after coming back from a Cruciate Ligament tear..........

No comments:

Post a Comment