Tuesday 22 September 2009

Hello Again

I'm back. Having given up with Sky I have taken the plunge and actually started paying for my broadband to be provided, and much quicker it is too! Good on me. If anyone is looking for cheap reliable Broadband please get in touch as I well benefit further via their recommendation scheme.

So what have I missed, I've been frantically trying to keep up with Ole Cynical Ben and Voley on here and stay amused and interested by their meanderings and rantings. I will try and update more regularly from now on, and I must start with the game on Sunday. The best game I have been to in years. Absolutley brilliant atmosphere (with the exception being the moronic and racist Adebayor song), 7 goals, incident all the way, and confirmation that Darren Fletcher has as much influence for United at the minute than Lampard or Gerrard are managing at their clubs. (in fairness to both, they don't need to as the rest of the team is performing.)

Giggs rolled back the years in the second half and gave Richards the runaround. The only downside being two sloppy goals and the difficult sight of Tevez in a blue shirt. That said I think our new No 7 will score more goals this season, the difference in natural finishing be highlighted starkly by Tevez's first half miss and Owen's delightful slide past Given (however many minutes were on the clock).

Hang on, apparently Owen's just made it 5-3.......

2 comments:

  1. 'allo.

    Good to see you back sir. I thought about you and your Sky troubles while I was reading the Observer Sport Monthly at the weekend. Apparantly, Stockport manager, Jim Gannon "once refused to talk to Sky Sports because his set top box hadn't worked for a year."

    What struck me most about this game was Ferguson's reaction afterwards. He has never really struck me as a bad winner before. (compare his reaction for example to that at Burnley) I'm sure it is all mind games but he appears increasingly deranged in his comments ("soft start" - Burnley and Birmingham anyone?)

    I get the impression that the Barcelona result may have taken a chunk out of his confidence in his ability. He seems to be swiping out at everyone now. Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, City, The BBC, etc

    He is rather reminiscent of King Kong at the top of the Empire State Building trying to swat the planes whose bullets are slowly sapping his strength as he clings desperately to the tiny figure of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

    It's just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the Ferguson as King Kong analogy, and would also agree that he appears to be picking more and more battles - but then there are more and more challengers to him and his team.

    I think there will be less swiping at Liverpool this season as they do not have a squad capable of challenging this year, but that won't stop Benitez (how is he still in a job?) from attempting to rile him.

    For all his swiping, Ferguson will certainly be missed when he does hang up his time piece

    ReplyDelete